- Project management experience
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Verbal and written communication
Client's Network team brings to life smart homes and cities, integrating screens with Canadians, and Canadians with each other - and that is just the beginning. Every day is an opportunity for you to have fun working with cutting-edge technologies and to collaborate with amazing team members on developing new services.
This opportunity is part of the Learning & Development Team within the Network organization, reporting to the Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. As part of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion mandate, Client is in the process of ensuring all websites and applications are compliant with Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 that govern customer accessibility. This role will support the rollout of this major initiative. It will include liaising with stakeholders, managing hands on compliance activities, co-ordinating budget allocation, quality and training requirements, communications and change management. We are looking for a results-oriented project manager, who can deliver excellence in an environment that holds agility and diversity as core to its mission and values.
- Schedule compliance and remediation activities as required, escalate roadblocks and work with primes to investigate and implement solutions.
- Manage spreadsheets to ensure tracking of activities and costs and manage work back schedules to ensure timely rollout of the project.
- Collaborate with members of the Accessibility Program Office to create policies and guidelines that align with dynamic code and comply with company brand standards and project management frameworks
- Liaison with testing partner to ensure accessibility testing best practices are followed
- Work with business primes to ensure proper remediation of sites to meet compliance standards and timelines and to mitigate future non-compliance
- Create reports as required and manage funding allocations leveraging tools and processes
Communications & Change Management
- Ensure clear communication to stakeholders within Network and act as a liaison between Network and the IT PMO which is overseeing the projects
- Advise and mentor peers on accessibility best practices and help facilitate ongoing change management
- Post secondary degree or diploma preferably with a focus on business or information technology
- 5 years + project management and/or business analysis experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with mid-sized to large enterprises in the project field
- Excellent ability to articulate and document technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to function in complex and matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
- Autonomous, resourceful, strong tolerance for ambiguity, excellent capacity for applied learning
- Working knowledge of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0 and 2.1 is considered an asset
- Direct, lived experience using assistive technologies is considered an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
- Work from home [37.5 hr/wk]
- Day-to-day basis. Managing WBS, using excel and ticketing tools, liaising with stakeholders, preparing updates using pp, flowcharts etc
- Day to Day project management, schedule and budget compliance for project, reporting, collaboration with stakeholders
- First 6 month deliverable - Build and deliver on schedule of for remediation activities for the project
- Testing in interviews - MS Office
- No FT at the moment